Simply detecting intrusion is not enough. Help must be summoned without delay. A
monitored alarm - connected to a 24 hour monitoring service is the answer.
Traditional bell-only alarms may alert staff, but outside business hours they
offer little protection. Police forces will not respond to a ringing bell unless
there is evidence of an offence in progress.
Consequently insurers insist on monitored alarms. These provide 24 hour, 365
day monitoring by skilled operators in a remote center, confirming alarms with
sequential, audio or visual verification, and ensures police, keyholders or
service engineers can be alerted in seconds. False activations are filtered out,
avoiding the risk of losing police support.
For a small annual fee, most alarm systems can monitored 24 hours a day, 7
days a week. When your system is activated a message is sent to the Alarm
Receiving Center or "ARC". The ARC will call the premises to see if
you are OK or a mistake has been with the alarm system, then if appropriate will
call your keyholders and or *police.
*If you require police response please phone for more info, because of the
extra standards and costs involved due to new European Standards (EN50131)
introduced in 2006.
This is the most basic form of Monitoring, if your alarm is activated it will
phone several home or mobile phone numbers and alert them to the activation of
your alarm system.
A digital communicator is a device that connects your alarm to the phone line
and sends alarm messages to the ARC. (some alarm panels have built in digital
On the above Telephone line is not monitored so if the phone line is cut
or damaged then no signals can be sent.
DualCom plus is a totally integrated dual-signaling device using both
telephone and radio paths. This combination ensures an alarm signal can be
transmitted despite deliberate or accidental failure of either path.
WHY CHOSE DUALCOM PLUS?
- Offers advanced protection for people and property
- Costs less to install and run on an annual basis than any other
- Transmits alarm signals end-to-end thus eliminating the potential delays
associated with text messaging (SMS) as used by other similar products
- Uses the low-traffic, high speed and secure Vodafone Data Network
(typically 3 seconds to ARC)
- Five-minute polling on telephone or radio path in the vent of signal-path
- Conforms to ABI (Association of British Insurers) requirements by
indicating signal-path failure locally
- Conforms to Police standards (ACPO & DD243) and Inspectorate
- Complies to Grade 4 for maximum insurance approval
- DualCom currently protects national supermarket chains, high street
pharmacies, jewellery chains as well as other high risk independent stores,
Redcare and redcare home monitoring
Redcare offers the most secure form of alarm monitoring available. The
service provides continuous monitoring of a BT telephone line that links a
professionally installed alarm system on a customers premises to an Alarm
Receiving Center (ARC). The result is continuous protection of our customers'
property, every second of the day, 365 days a year.
Unlike other alarm monitoring services, redcare both alerts the Alarm
Receiving Center when it detects a line cut AND provides encryption to prevent
the substitution of equipment or "spoofing" (emulation) of line
conditions. This is why redcare is the most secure system of its kind.
- redcare is a Secured By Design product and as such has gained Police
Preferred Specification status. This was achieved after testing against and
meeting the highest grade (Grade 4) of European Standard 50131.
- No need for an extra telephone line (a Modem Compatible Device may be
required if fax and data services are to be used on same line).
- Active, continuous 2-way monitoring 24 hours a day, every day of the
- High-speed alarm transmission summons help within a matter of seconds.
- Alarm signals can be delivered to the ARC even when the phone is in use.
- Encrypted signals which cannot be replicated.
- Instant detection if your phone line has been cut.
- Our duplicated network ensures the highest levels of resilience.
- No additional call charges.
- No added reprogramming costs, which may be necessary in areas affected by
Redcare gsm combines a secure redcare land line connection with a GSM radio
backup path. In the event of a line cut it enables alarm systems to be monitored
by the radio path.
If the BT land line fails, the ARC will receive a communication failure
message. The GSM path will continue to communicate with the alarm receiving
center, sending any subsequent alarms.
redcare gsm is capable of sending a confirmed activation if either the
primary land line or secondary radio path is lost, regardless of which one is
For security systems there are three levels of police
- LEVEL 1 Immediate
- LEVEL 2 Police response is desirable but attendance may be delayed, e.g.
due to resource availability.
- LEVEL 3 No Police attendance, keyholder response only.
Free Call: 0800 634 7557
Head Office Tel: 0845 123 2599